COLLEGE RESOURCES - FRESHMAN
FRESHMAN - STEP 1
• Meet with your high school guidance counselor to set a four-year academic plan.
• Start an academic path that will satisfy NCAA rules (Discuss Core Courses)
• Set short and long-term academic goals with your family
• Understand the path to AP classes for junior and senior years
• Participate in community service and school activities (student government, math club, etc.)
• Research colleges/universities you would like to attend
• Set short and long-term soccer goals with your family and/or coach
• Gain experience playing in the showcase events
• Go to area college games (Division I, II, and III) to better understand level and atmosphere
• It is important to start off your high school career with good grades - freshman year grades DO matter!