NEWARK ROOTS PROGRAM
In this new training program boys and girls between the age of 5 to 7 years can participate in practice with our professional trainers. The ROOTS program is the perfect introduction to soccer and preparation for club/travel soccer.
The program will feature:
• Professionally coached training sessions
• Players will be introduced to the game of soccer in a fun and creative way with undivided attention
• All classes will be held at the state- of- the- art outdoor facility, The Capelli Sport Field (Fall/Spring) and
indoors (Winter) at St. Benedict’s Preparatory School.
• Motor skill and athletic development- Ability, balance, coordination through running, jumping, turning and
stopping with the ball.
• Saturdays = small-sided scrimmaging (4v4 maximum) within the division
and against different groups
• Each player will receive a free Capelli Sport t-shirt
Who should sign up for the ROOTS program?
- Young players who are looking for a great introduction to this great sport of soccer
- Young players looking to learn skills to add to their passion for the sport
- Young players looking to learn while playing and developing their psychosocial skills in a "team environment"